I’ve just released a major version for the logger firmware (version 1.3) and BLM (version 2.2). This firmware introduces several new functions:
– The logger records variometer information
– The logger has a new “Navigation” screen which shows ground speed, heading and variometer.
– A new user.cfg configuration file allows user specific configuration which doesn’t affect event configuration.
– Declarations can now also be in 5/4 format. This format must be activated by configuration.
– Improved GPS detection and support for latest Flytec hardware
– Support for Bluetooth (Only available for private owned loggers with Bluetooth modules).
– Shows SBAS/WAAS status and records the status to the IGC file
– Improved precision of stored GPS position
Important: This new firmware changes the IGC file format. The new format is currently supported by eKLIPS, Boxy, BScoring. I don’t know about the other software. Check a recorded track before the first competition flight and update scoring software or downgrade logger if needed. I will keep the 1.2.x firmware online.
Also the SignatureLib was updated, because the signature key of the IGC files are changed to improve security.