BLM has moved to Balloon Live. Please access the latest version here. This site is not maintained anymore.
Balloon Logger Management (BLM) is a software written by Marc and Lukas Andre which helps officials work with the Balloon loggers. It allows to read the track files and extract all meta data from it. All conversions happen with the same algorithm as inside the logger.
The software serves to
- Analyze track files and read marks and goal declarations. The coordinates can be shown in all coordinate systems supported by the logger itself
- Export the igc files as Ozi track files or GPX files including conversion of the altitude (QNH, instrument error)
- Check digital signature of igc files
- Prepare SD Cards and write logger configuration to the SD Card
- Download tracks from the logger internal flash memory. This function can be used to retrieve a track if the SD Card is lost or not readable
- Debug functions for logger including error log dump and factory reset
The analysis function can be used in batch mode allowing the single click conversion and export of a full set of track files. The marks and goal declarations are written to an Excel file.
All conversion functions (coordinate and altitude) are identical with the logger’s internal algorithms allowing the exact same coordinate conversion as in the logger.
The software requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5. This framework is usually already installed on most computers. If missing it can be downloaded from Microsoft.
Visual Studio 2012 SP1 runtimes are required as well. It can be downloaded from Microsoft. Make sure you install the 32-bit version, also on a x64 system. BLM always runs 32-bit.
The software requires Microsoft Windows to run. Even though it is written in .NET, it also contains native code which only runs on Windows.
For downloading tracks from the logger you also need the driver installed. See here.
Download either the setup software or the zip file from the website. The setup software is best for most first time installations. In case of the Zip file, the files must manually be copied to you user folder. In that case also no automatic pre-requirement check is done.
» 1.4 MiB - 1,284 hits - August 8, 2019
BLM Balloon Logger Management latest installation file