The logger firmware can be upgraded with USB. This page describes the installation and upgrade procedures. The necessary files can be found at the end of the page. Release notes can be found here.
- Install Flytec (Prolific) USB-Serial driver. Details for installing the driver can be found here.
- Download Flytec Flasher (see below)
- Download latest firmware (see below)
- Make sure the logger is switched off
- Connect the logger to the computer
- Start Flytec Flasher and select the logger firmware (.moc file)
- Use Update to load the firmware. This takes a few minutes. Please note that the progress bar is not accurate
- Flasher doesn’t work with a COM-Port higher than 9. Please read the instructions from Flytec.
- The upgrade tool shows “Erasing flash memory”. This is referring to the firmware flash memory. Usually no track data on the logger is changed or deleted during firmware upgrade. Nevertheless no upgrade should be performed if tracks from the internal flash storage of the logger need to be kept.
- Please check the release notes for change details.
» 288.0 KiB - 1,446 hits - September 9, 2009
Flash upgrade utility, version 1.3
» 824.4 KiB - 1,130 hits - June 19, 2013
Version 1.2.223 (old IGC file format)
Use this only if the scoring software doesn't read the IGC file from the latest version
» 859.3 KiB - 709 hits - April 8, 2015
Latest firmware version 1.3.256
No Files Found.